Fisher Law I
Fisher Law I

CETA Work Permit - Immigration Consultation


The CETA (Comprehensive Economic and Trade Agreement) work permit is a type of work permit available to citizens of European Union (EU) member countries who have a job offer in Canada in a qualifying occupation. The CETA work permit is designed to facilitate the movement of businesspeople and skilled workers between Canada and the EU. To be eligible for a CETA work permit​,​ the applicant must meet requirements such as: >Be a citizen of an EU member country: The CETA work permit is only available to citizens of EU member countries. >Have a job offer in a qualifying occupation: The CETA work permit is available for certain professional occupations​,​ which are listed in the CETA agreement. The applicant must have a job offer in one of these occupations. >Meet the qualifications required for the job: The applicant must have the qualifications required for the job​,​ such as a degree or certification in the relevant field. >Meet any language requirements: Depending on the occupation​,​ the applicant may need to demonstrate proficiency in English or French. >Meet any other requirements: There may be additional requirements depending on the specific occupation. Once the applicant has met the eligibility requirements​,​ they can apply for a CETA work permit. The application process includes presenting the job offer and supporting documentation​,​ as well as answering questions about the intended job and duration of stay. It's important to note that the CETA work permit is not a pathway to permanent residency in Canada. It is intended for temporary work only. However​,​ a successful work experience in Canada may provide opportunities for the applicant to apply for permanent residency through other programs​,​ such as the Canadian Experience Class (CEC). Request legal advice as needed to navigate these applications.




Online immigration consultation with Fisher Law lawyers


  • English
  • Urdu/Hindi
  • Punjabi




Reviews (0)